PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II
Location: Los Angleles, CA
Are you the type of person who loves to dive into a new technology stack? Do you view uncertainty as an opportunity to control your own destiny and to express your creativity? Do you love to work in a fun-loving and productive team? Do you love to collaborate with teams around the world?
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will play a critical role in Sony's vision for integrated experience for game developers and partners. You will be part of an engineering team pioneering new technology and building various web based applications to help developers deliver rich game experiences! You will play a critical role in making PlayStation the best place to develop! You will create ingenious solutions using cloud based services. You will develop and test software and be passionate about the quality. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
- Excellent programming skills in Java and related frameworks like Spring Boot
- 3+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Experience in object-oriented design methodologies
- Experience building high performance and scalable web services
- Experience writing automated unit tests
- Experience with Docker or other container related technology
- Experience with MySQL or other relational database systems.
- Experience using source control systems like GIT
- Experience using Linux or UNIX-variant operation systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering both consumer facing web based solutions and intranet/extranet type applications for internal users and partners
You might also have:
- Experience building applications using various AWS services
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases like Cassandra, Couchbase, Redis, etc.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.