PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Producer, Global Design Center
San Francisco, CA
- Provides Design program management expertise for various programs across the organization
- Collaborate with members from multiple business units to identify, communicate, and lead:
1. Design program involvement
2. Design program goals
3. Design tasks and timelines
4. Program dependencies
5. Update UX leadership on Design program status
- Guiding regular reviews of landmarks and project goals and identify risks across Design programs
- Establish methods and metrics for tracking & improving performance coupled with making decisions within the Design organization, and the extended Program Management Organization.
- Work closely with Design, Research, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure each department receives the data needed to make informed decisions specific to their team.
- Working with Design Leads to define a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), project scope, and critical path to assist in facilitating Design planning and prioritization.
- Exhibits leadership skills by advocating standards, anticipating future problems and issues, and seeks to improve processes and tools for the program to cultivate a fun, positive, and solution-focused team culture.
- Provides detailed and timely communication on developing issues to relevant executive partners.
- Identifies resource gaps and communicates recommendations to UX Leadership.
- Drive clear proactive communications between all groups involved with Design initiatives.
- Stay aligned with the Design vision, strategy & roadmap to support the successful implementation of cross-platform initiatives.
- A motivated self-starter with a strong understanding of user-centered design practices and design life cycle.
- Experience working with globally distributed teams.
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to make timely decisions.
- Validated ability to shepherd routine and complicated problems effectively and independently.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Previous experience utilizing agile methodologies and principles
- Proficiency with agile development tools and experience breaking down complex product needs into UX deliverables and landmarks.
- Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a large organization
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable navigating ambiguous environments
- At least 5 years working in the technology and games industries
- Comfortable working with the Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence), MS Office 360, and other project management software
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.