PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Operations Manager Competitive Gaming
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the esports business both regionally and globally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming. The Operations Manager Competitive Gaming will be a senior member of this initiative, responsible for not only assisting in the creation of the overall strategy, but heavily in its execution. This position will touch all aspects of the initiative However, with a focus on driving and executing regional activities and operational goals. This person will build the overall infrastructure, determining and allocating resource needs, global/ regional governance, cross-functional partnership and advocacy.
- Thought leadership in the infrastructure, activation and funding design of Global esports/ competitive gaming strategy; providing examples of wider standard methodologies and focus efforts against areas key to PlayStation’s differentiation and advantage.
- Manage esports relations with internal departments, specifically, working closely with marketing, promotions, content, publisher relations in order to ensure success of global program.
- Working with the Distributed team to determine standard methodologies for esports on the platform, including the Tournament feature.
- Responsible for the execution and maintenance of the esports strategy globally.
- Actively collaborate with publishers and partners for relationship management, project updates, and regular reporting as it pertains to esports and competitive gaming initiatives and programs globally.
- Maintain the business around the tournament platform at PlayStation. Determine capabilities partnerships that allow PlayStation to engage users across the globe.
- Partner with internal business teams to track and report the global operational budget. Make recommendations for improvements and efficiencies across the global program in partnership with Data Analytics team.
- Champion the execution of tournament programming and regularly report on performance of the product to senior leadership.
- The ability and support to build unique tournament programs with autonomy.
- At least 6+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3+ years of experience in esports preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape
- Strong ability to network with leaders, partners and influencers within the competitive gaming space
- Experience creating business models and executing them with success
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven management/ leadership success
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence decisions on a global scale
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.