PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac games is looking for an experienced Layout Animator to join our Animation team. Create dynamic and exciting layout that inspires animators to create exceptional cinematics. If this is of interest to you – keep reading!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works with director and animation leads to lay out cinematic scenes. Determines timing, shot composition, camera lenses, camera angles and camera movement.
- Populates scenes with characters, environment and props.
- Installs mocap on characters. Installs dialogue.
- Provides rough animation on props.
- Iterates with director and animators to addresses feedback.
- Works with lighters to determine scene lighting.
- Implements cinematics in games engine and trouble shoots asset and technical issues.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, covering all basic animation principles and techniques.
- At least two years’ experience working with motion capture to create in-game and cinematic performances that go beyond the underlying motion capture and exude personality.
- Knowledge of Maya, and common production programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Motion Builder is a plus.
- Proficiency in and Adobe Premiere as well as working with sound and music is a plus.
- Knowledge of common state machine flow in any game engine is preferred.
Other Skills: Demonstrated understanding of basic animation principles including squash and stretch, timing and motion, anticipation, staging, weight, and appeal. A fundamental understanding of creating animation content for video games. Works well in a highly collaborative environment with other animators, designers, and programmers, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and take direction well
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please use the “Apply Now” button below. Be sure to include your updated reel- Thanks!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.