PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is currently looking for a Technical Artist. What does that mean? This Technical Artist will be responsible for the front lines of cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology development. This role helps develop Insomniac's future technology by continually looking for areas to enhance the team's current methods of content creation with innovative and optimized workflows and pipelines. This Technical Artist helps deliver the creative and innovative artistic possibilities for the studio. Please read on for more details:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Designs and develops improved content creation pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Provides documentation and mentors the content creation teams to fully take advantage of our tools and technology
- Creates sample content to prove out new workflows and demonstrate visual improvements
- Collaborates with the content creation teams and supports them with new tools
- Provides support to content creators for tools and pipelines owned by the department
- Keeps current with the technological developments and advancements throughout the game industry
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong knowledge of Maya as it pertains to engine content creation (animation, modeling, fx, rigging)
- Strong knowledge of Python, PyMEL, PyQt/PySide and Maya API
- Strong knowledge of cutting-edge content creation pipelines
- Strong grasp of mathematical concepts and analysis techniques as they apply to technical art
- Experience in node-based shader networks such as those found in Unreal Engine
- Working knowledge of Houdini
- C++ knowledge a bonus
Other Skills: Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules. Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team. Develops and presents new and emerging techniques to team. Be open and generous in sharing advancements with the game development community.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for- we want to hear from you. Please use the link to apply directly to this role. Thanks!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.