PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
PlayStation Studios Finance team is seeking a Financial Analyst to join the team. As the finance business partner you will focus on planning, reporting, ensuring alignment with overall strategy and direction. Our ideal team member brings knowledge of and experience in gaming industry or having come from an activity-based environment where costs are allocated to product.
You are not afraid to question current practices and seek business improvement(s) where possible. You face challenges with optimism and are always looking for ways to be helpful and improve the team.
Primary Purpose of Job
You will be part of the Central PlayStation Studios Finance group. This role is responsible for Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis for global service groups, covering areas such as Creative Arts, Quality Assurance, Localization and User Testing, and other Engineering groups.
- Assist with Budgeting and Forecasting for certain support group subject areas
- Develop and produce regular and ad-hoc reports in order to appraise performance and support decision making at various levels of management.
- Act as a business partner for service group department leads
- Perform critical analysis of departmental performance through analysis of important metrics
- Monitor capacity utilization and cost allocation reporting for service groups and assist with initiatives to improve allocation rates
- Partner closely with key regional department representatives and finance staff, developing proven understanding of regional accounting practices and ensuring timelines and results are met.
- Assist in the development and execution of group-wide initiatives
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a financial environment with involvement in management reporting and budgeting/forecasting.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel (pivots, sumifs, vlookups etc).
- Be versatile, working with large volumes of data. (SQL or VBA experience a plus!)
- Ability to quickly assimilate new processes and technologies.
- Personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Strong communication skills (both speaking and listening)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fluid environment.
- Interest in Games and passion for the Game industry
- Experienced in SAP, Oracle or other accounting packages.
- Collaborative worker in cross functional/regional teams.
- ACA, ACCA, CPA or CIMA qualification
- Prior work experience in Game Industry or Media & Entertainment.
- Exposure to OLAP planning applications such as Planning Analytics
- Previous experience in report building with Cognos Analytics or a similar Business Intelligence tool (e.g. SAP BW, Business Objects).
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.