PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
LIve Content Digital Artist for MLB The Show
San Diego, CA
MLB The Show’s Live Team is in search of a creative, hardworking, and highly skilled digital artist to assist in the creation and support of a wide variety of digital art asset needs. The perfect candidate will have a critical eye for graphic design, art and photo editing. This is contract role expected to last one year with possibility of extension.
What is the Live Team?
The Live team creates an ongoing, interactive experience based on the current Major League Baseball season and digs into the history books to showcase the sport’s greatest moments and players.
- Collaborate with content designers and other Live Team artists.
- Create sensational jaw dropping baseball card designs and player highlight graphics.
- Create digital advertisements for use in game and social media.
- Assist in small to large scale production of baseball cards, game assets, and digital advertisements.
- Photo editing, color correcting, masking sports images.
- Photo editing realistic looking uniforms swaps.
- Assist in finding and choosing player images for use on art assets.
- Assist in the concept and creation of game art assets for use throughout MLB The Show.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator.
- +2 years experience in graphic design.
- Experience in photo editing and retouching.
- Experience in creating advertisements.
- Strong typography skills.
- Knowledgeable in and can emulate current style trends in graphic design/typography or any style requested.
- Understanding of fundamental graphic design principles, usability, and standard methodologies.
- Ability to work with frequent design changes and iterations.
- Excellent teammate with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to bounce between multiple tasks, projects, and requests while maintaining a consistent quality.
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback and critique.
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly within strict deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to adapt to new technology, workflows, and software.
- Good spelling and spell-checking skills.
- Experience with motion graphics, compositing, and special effects.
- Experience in sports photo editing.
- Experience in portrait and/or action photography.
Please submit a cover letter and portfolio when applying
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.