PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
The Associate IT Support Specialist position is responsible for maintaining desktops (PC, Mac) environments. This person will be responsible for equipment installation, PC repair, office moves, responding to emails and phone support. This person must thrive in a fast-pace, multifaceted environment and be passionate about cutting edge technology!
- Install and configure hardware, operating systems, and applications on desktops and laptops running Microsoft Windows and MacOS.
- Duties include hardware troubleshooting, part replacement, system upgrades, shipping and receiving coordination
- You will use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate with key partners and customers
- Respond to end user requests via chat, email and tickets. Quickly identify, research, and resolve issues.
- Ensure endpoints meet monthly security patch compliance according to InfoSec standards.
- Participate and collaborate with peers locally and across Sony to help complete larger projects.
- Handle desktop protection utilities and provide immediate response to outbreaks and new security updates.
- Facilitate physical desk moves, including disconnect and reconnect of computer and development hardware.
- Manage Active Directory domain user and computer accounts.
- Manage inventory of software licenses and hardware assets.
- Document standard operating procedures, one-off installations, and end user documentation.
- Must have solid experience with the most recent versions of Microsoft Windows and some MacOS & Linux.
- Must be familiar supporting users remotely using tools such as Slack, WebEx, Teams, and more.
- Occasionally be available off hours for scheduled maintenance or offset work shifts.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.