PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Francisco, CA
The Analytics Engineer position is a client-facing role requiring both technical and business/marketing knowledge and skills. This person will work to gather and understand unique business requirements for each project and develop and build customized solutions to meet the requirements with Adobe Analytics as well as other platforms and tools. In addition, this role will help different development teams implement analytic tracking code throughout their websites and applications, perform quality checks to ensure that the implementation work has been completed successfully, and diagnose and solve technical issues when they arise. While not a programming position, it is a very technical job with constant customer interaction. Successful candidates will be able to understand the data being captured and use this understanding to assist business and technical partners with data reporting. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Gather, document and help form/guide client business requirements, key performance indicators and other functional and/or technical requirements
- Design customized solutions and technical tag implementation strategies
- Generate customized analytic collection code and assist with its implementation and deployment
- Support clients, developers, and third parties throughout the implementation process
- Validate and debug implementation and follow through on issues until resolved
- Advise key partners and drive client success based on clients most important
- Communicate confidently and proactively with customers throughout the project lifecycle
- Actively participate in collaborations with multiple data partners (e.g., Q&A sessions, troubleshooting workshops, and brainstorming exercises)
- Handle multiple client engagements simultaneously
- Manage customer expectations appropriately and keep projects on schedule and within scope
- Some technical writing and PowerPoint presentation creation
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in analytics or a related field
- Web development experience
- Solid grasp of online marketing
- Solid understanding of HTML, XML and web protocols
- Passion for the internet domain and use of technology to solve business problems
- Must be self-motivated, responsive, professional and dedicated to customer success
- Possess an innovative, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mentality
- Outstanding organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, be a great teammate, and handle change effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience working with Adobe Analytics or similar tools
- Website optimization consulting experience
- Web API usage experience
- SaaS or other software implementation experience
- Master’s degree in business or other related advanced education
- Experience in large-scale software engineering organizations (Agile or related experience)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.