PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Strategic Planning and Financial Analysis
San Mateo, CA
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Strategy & Business Planning, this role will support the business operations of the Global Marketing organization and work cross-functionally with all marketing and key finance teams across PlayStation.
This role is designed for someone who loves to dive into data while maintaining a big picture view of the business objectives and goals! You will be synthesizing and analyzing financial & business metrics to support the operations of a large-scale global department. You will have a day-to-day focus on providing analytical, strategic, and operational support for the PlayStation Global Marketing team enabling marketing leadership to make effective, analytically driven, and strategic operating decisions and provide effective budget management.
We are thrilled to hear from you!
- Oversee global marketing finance processes and develop methods to streamline and optimize efficiently.
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual global marketing budget and forecasting processes, working closely with SIE finance teams, Global Business Operations, marketing business owners and marketing expense management team.
- Develop, create, and maintain executive-friendly summary reports on similar monthly and quarterly cadence for SVP and Global Marketing Management executives.
- Establish and refine rhythm of marketing budget analysis and reporting cadence to share with global marketing leadership team. Track and follow-up on budget reviews with internal and external partners
- Build and maintain global budget tracking templates to be integrated across the marketing teams
- Lead consolidated reporting and variance analysis processes to ensure budgets and forecasts are optimized and accurate.
- Identify operational standard methodologies and assist with the planning, implementation, and execution, highlighting risks and areas of inefficiency or opportunity
- Support annual budget planning process and develop budget presentations to be shared with marketing and executive leadership teams.
- Identify and learn to use new reporting tools as needed
Strategic Planning and Analysis
- Support efforts partnering closely with Consumer Insights, Marketing Analytics and Media teams to conduct strategic analysis using data to make informed decisions about new opportunities and strategies for marketing teams; present as meaningful insight that drives decision-making.
- Create, maintain, and refine global marketing financial models to help inform planning and budget processes.
- Opportunity to support global marketing revenue lines reporting, analysis and planning
- Conduct ad hoc strategic and financial analysis to support executive presentations
- Handle timelines and key results associated with annual planning processes.
- BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
- Minimum of 7-8 years’ experience in financial and business analysis with strong understanding on budget and forecast methodologies
- People management experience
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills; highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in digital media, Internet, technology, or gaming industries preferred
- Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms, and types of content
- Shown ability to lead cross-functional teams and projects in a global environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize, multi-task, think strategically, and execute efficiently
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to collect information, problem solve and suggest appropriate decisions that will benefit the business
- Ability to approach complex business problems in a structured way and drive rapidly towards insight and action
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment, comfortable working under time constraints and pressure
- Self-starter who is pro-active, resourceful, willing to be a great teammate and pitch-in when required
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Must be tech savvy, proactively learn and master reporting tools and technology
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.