PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Vendor Program Manager- San Mateo
PlayStation is for everyone. Today we’re innovating into the future of entertainment systems, games and apps with PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation VR. We connect players to us, each other, and exciting content with services such as PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, and PlayStation Network. To maintain Sony PlayStation’s status as the global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, we rely on our Consumer Experience team of specialists to innovate and change with our consumers to ensure a consistent and quality experience.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Consumer Experience Americas, this role looks at executing a commercially balanced and outstanding customer experience. This person is essential in ensuring that our customer contact channel performance is optimized to meet business objectives, and that brand and process based decisions are achieved improving the customer experience while delivering commercial commitments. You will be a successful business manager with a broad skill set which demonstrates excellent data driven decision making, strong negotiations skills, understanding of the product and technology with a passion for creating a world-class customer experience.
- Ensure fulfillment of strategic partner contract commitments and obligations.
- Monitor vendor performance, risk, financial data on an on-going basis and report to partners as agreed. Initiate and execute performance improvement initiatives and go to green plans as necessary.
- Work with Operations and Business Intelligence teams to ensure all relevant vendor data is automated and available on dashboards.
- Drive vendor customer service performance across Voice of Customer, Voice of Agent, First Contact Resolution, Consumer Experience Score, and Net Promoter Score.
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures (internal and external facing), finding solutions through the use of LEAN and Six Sigma.
- Own ‘in the month’ efficiency key performance metrics including AHT, occupancy, & shrinkage to deliver in month service level commitments.
- Assist the Product Support & Online Support Communities of Practice with consumer-led data to identify initiatives to improve the consumer journey.
- Ensure the correct governance is followed and delivered for weekly, monthly & quarterly business reviews with all partners.
- Work closely with the Quality and Training Managers to keep updated regarding the partners performance and roadmap.
- Accountable for identifying and executing on cost optimization initiatives without impacting the quality of support.
- Host cross-functional meetings with a large number of contributors to ensure objectives are reached and each meeting is followed-up with notes, actions and owners
- Plan and conduct regular business reviews and executive meetings at a cadence agreed with the business.
- Audit and check monthly invoices
- Work with the global Channel Management team to ensure the channel preference for our customers is met.
- Participate and support the Global CRM transformation in FY2021 - 22
- 5 + years’ experience in vendor management working with outsourced contact center provider or have meaningful BPO experience.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail - makes contingency plans & prepares actively for different scenarios.
- Be able to make sense of complex or ambiguous issues quickly and move to make key business decisions.
- Ability to hold people accountable - delivery and results focused.
- Innovative problem solver, building a culture of improvement and challenge.
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo - willing to challenge upwards.
- Experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can partner across an internal matrix to deliver prime results against critical timelines.
- Ability to travel to contact centers or other Sony offices as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Requires building compelling reports and present a narrative that will influence others.
- Analytically minded with ability to parse through a large volume of data to detect trends and report on insights.
- Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and champion culture change across company boundaries
- Ability to work well independently or within a team, and adapt to dynamics associated with emerging / maturing products and services.
The Extra Stuff
- Master’s degree or MBA in a related field.
- Knowledge of the following programs would be helpful:
- Genesys Pure Engage
- NICE inContact
- Past success in managing clients
- Experience working within the gaming industry a plus.
- Excellent teammate with a positive attitude who is fun to work with.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.