PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Tools and Middleware Account Associate
A vital role within the Global Partner Development and Relations (GPDR) the Global Technology Partnerships (GTP) team looks after onboarding new tools and middleware vendors as well as cultivating and developing a portfolio of existing partners in the PlayStation ecosystem.
Our team makes sure that PlayStation developers have access to the best tools and technology to build games. After all, middleware makes the world go round!
What you will be doing:
- Support team lead /Account Exec in handling the day-to-day relationships with third party partners and supporting platform initiatives
- Provide support to the GTP Team
- Talk to middleware partners regularly to determine their needs and keep a firm pulse on industry trends
- Identify new strategic partnership opportunities
- Understand partner middleware roadmaps and communicate with our partner’s technical leadership teams
- Collaborate with internal partners and external teams to identify challenges and blocking issues that require resolution with middleware partners
- Support the middleware licensing and on-boarding process
- Conduct regular meetings with relevant partners at PlayStation to ensure thorough understanding of needs
- Propose improvements and on-going process streamlining to continually improve efficiency
- Maintain accurate platform-level data and understand the overall platform picture
- Gather, interpret and report on middleware use and insights across PlayStation platforms
- Act as key internal point of contact and support with specific SIE teams for the wider SIE business
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- A passion for gaming, the PlayStation platform and the gaming industry.
- Experience in relationship management, networking, with a strong knowledge of middleware and game development.
- 2-4 years of experience in product or technology account management
- Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills directed at both business oriented and technical audiences
- Outstanding customer relationship and account management skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.