PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Program Manager, Contract
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who is a highly efficient and motivated individual to work with several multi-functional teams. You will be responsible for leading scrum team(s) responsible for building efficient and scalable Test Automation Tools and Infrastructure to serve the next generation of innovation products. You will work on defining the roadmap and collaborate with internal partners to gather requirements, build plans and drive towards achieving desired results. Our environment fosters growth, autonomy, and innovation. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Work with the various Feature teams and QA members to gather requirements and help prioritize the backlog of the Test Infrastructure team.
- Ensure implementation of tools and infrastructure requirements and drive project schedules
- Act as bridge between various QA teams and Tools team and communicate progress and releases with the internal partners.
- Identify areas for QA process improvements, initiate discussions to achieve consensus and work with various teams to implement agreed items. Document new process and changes to existing processes
- Investigate and understand industry's standard practices for test automation. Define requirements and track status of implementation across all projects and manage backlog of test automation implementation.
- BS/BA in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experience working in a Program/Project Management in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse partners across businesses and leadership levels
- Requires proficiency in one or more Project Management tools, preferably tools used in Agile development (JIRA, etc.) as well as Confluence, Google Apps, and Microsoft Excel.
- Must excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management across Western and Japanese cultures.
- Proactive – ability to take initiative in identifying and solving large problems
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently under pressure, prioritize, can handle multiple projects and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Experience in the video game industry is not required, but interest in gaming, digital entertainment, consumer electronics, technology is a plus
- Native-level proficiency in Japanese is desired but not required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.