PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are searching for a VFX Manager! This role will supervise the VFX department and help maintain the quality and artistic consistency of the department by upholding high visual standards set by the Art Director. This role is also responsible for the career management, training, and well-being of our VFX team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Works closely with Art Director to maintain quality and style consistent across all visual effects.
- Provides direction to visual effects artists for aesthetic and technical considerations.
- Creates and animates real-time digital effects elements to meet and enhance art direction, including effects that reflect physical dynamics of natural phenomena.
- Works closely with the design and gameplay teams to produce visual effects that support gameplay, accessibility, and the user experience.
- Works closely with the Tool and Engine team to develop new or improve upon old technologies to improve visual effect quality.
- Works closely with art and animation teams to produce spectacle cinematic moments and support game narrative.
- Works with Project Management to maintain a clear and consistent schedule.
- Works to develop the skills of other Visual Effects Artists.
- Participates in the planning for a project’s visual effects.
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner.
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may apply
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and reviewing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
Seven to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with Maya and visual effects packages, proficient working with joints and locators, keyframing, rigid body simulations.
- Advanced understanding of complex node-based shader networks such as those used in Unreal Engine 4, Houdini, etc.
- Proficient in Photoshop for painting and editing textures. Knowledge of other visual effects software a plus.
If this sounds like a good fit for your next career opportunity, please apply directly to the role by submitting your application below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.