PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Graphics Engineer
San Diego, CA
We have a rare opportunity to join PlayStation Studios. We are seeking an Associate Graphics Engineer to assist with development and improvement of graphics features, systems, and tools for the MLB The Show product line. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to expand their knowledge of game development in addition to having strong interpersonal skills. Responsibilities will also include implementing plugins and scripts in a variety of digital content creation tools such as Maya, Substance Painter, Houdini, and Photoshop. If this is you, then you need to come play with us here in sunny San Diego!
- Work closely with the graphics programming team to expand existing features and tools
- Implement plugins and scripts in a variety of digital content creation and management tools
- Strong programming skills with C++ and Python
- An understanding of graphics tools and techniques
- An understanding of Linear Algebra and Trigonometry
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to write efficient, compact code for systems with limited resources
- Ability to craft and implement modular and easily extensible solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Visual Studio and Perforce experience
- Maya, Substance Painter, Houdini, and Photoshop experience
- Qt/wxWidgets/MFC or similar SDK experience
- Windows SDK experience
- DX11/DX12, GLSL/HLSL programming experience
- ODBC/SQL interface experience
- Game industry experience
- Multi-platform development experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.