PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
We have an exciting opportunity to join Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek a Scrum Master within the Partner Platform which is part of Content and Customer Engineering. The Partner Platform applications are utilized worldwide by content producers to interact and supply their content onto the PlayStation platform, including games, movies, music and more. You will be Scrum Master for 2 engineering teams
- The DevNet Engineering Org is made up of 4 teams, 3 in London and 1 in San Mateo, together they look after the DevNet platform and various services that support the wider partners platform. DevNet is our web portal used worldwide by which developers interact and supply their content onto PlayStation platform, including games, movies, music, and more. You will be primarily working with the San Mateo team but have strong collaboration with the UK based teams and Scrum Masters.
- The LA Data Engineering team is a small team based out Los Angeles which strives to make high quality Partner Platform data available to business users via reporting and other parts of PlayStation via stable data interfaces to enable data driven decision making. The LA Data Engineering team collaborates closely with a London, UK based "sister" team to deliver to a global audience.
The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, willing to work with multiple teams local and remote., If this is you, please apply!
- Scrum Master for 2 engineering teams (Software team in San Mateo and Data Engineering team in Los Angeles)
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Facilitating scrum events and ceremonies
- Coach team members and organisation to use Agile practises and values
- Facilitate internal communication(discussions, decision making and conflict resolution) and foster effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications
- Work with product owners to manage backlogs and new requests
- Track and manage delivery dependencies between teams
- Coordinate closely with teams in other locations, in particular UK
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it.
- Coaching the Development team in self-organisation
- Causing change that increases the productivity of the Scrum team and,
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of Scrum and other agile practises in the organisation.
- Experience in a scrum master role
- Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and principles
- Familiarity with software development
- Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks
- Problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills
- Scrum master certification
- Experience of applying large scale agile frameworks / applying agile at large scales, e.g. SAFe
- Strong Communication Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Great communication and servant leadership skills
- Natural problem solver
- Technical Familiarity
- Deep Experience with one or more agile ticketing and collaboration platforms
Attainment / certification
- CSM /PSM
- SAFE Scrum Master
- Minimum 3 years previous experience as a Scrum Master
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience in working with remote teams
- Experience of working with and coordinating with teams in other time zones & cultures (in particular UK, Japan)
We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal employee network groups like API@PS (Asian Pacific Islander), ABLE@PS (Disabilities), Black@PS, LATINX@PS, Pride@PS (LGBTQ+), VETS@PS, and Women@PS.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.