PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation Studios Visual Arts and PlayStation Studios Malaysia are both passionate teams within the PlayStation family, made up of game and film industry professionals from all over the world.
Always at the cutting edge of technology, the teams work with studios like Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Santa Monica Studios, Guerrilla Games, Bend Studios, SuckerPunch, San Diego Studio, Japan Studios, and more PlayStation first-party teams, providing world-class content development and services to these studios.
We are currently looking for a Senior Concept Artist to come aboard and support our global outsource team.
Reporting into the Outsource Supervisor in PlayStation Studios Malaysia while collaborating with the Concept Supervisor/ team and Outsource Manager in PlayStation Visual Arts, the Senior Concept Artist will be working with a team of concept artists to bring artistic visions to life. In addition to having the needed craftmanship, such as color keys, mood pieces, production designs, and key art, we are in search of those who can bring creative and thoughtful designs together, and bringing client’s artistic visions to life.
The ability to distil ideas of game experience into compelling aesthetic designs for characters, worlds, props, and other assets and solid experience in artistic pipeline creation will be critical to the role.
- Create believable and relevant concept art for character, environments, props, and/or effects.
- Work with supervisors, leads and other artists in various art disciplines to create visual designs for mood pieces of the game world and characters.
- Serve as an artistic resource for overall product or as a studio resource, which includes, but is not limited to, mentoring and training less experienced artists, guiding them with critiques, enforcing correct process, and teaching new techniques.
- Generate inspirational concept and prototype art to pitch game scenarios, address feedback and quickly iterate on concepts.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in concept art, in a production environment (can be free-lancing).
- Strong command of foundation art skills (drawing, painting and rendering, material indication, perspective, composition, color theory, design, anatomy, and 2nd & 3rd design techniques).
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate concepts and ideas eloquently.
- Ability to grasp and adhere to guidelines/ art directions while staying innovative and creative.
- Proficiency in Photoshop with an emphasis on drawing, painting and image making.
- 3D modeling and sculpting skills are not required but an added advantage.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. This entails collaborating with the Production group to coordinate task lists to ensure assignments are progressing well according to schedules, objectives and overall project goals.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.