PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Software Engineer (Contract)
San Diego, CA
Have a desire to work closely with others of all levels to improve and evolve our software? A passion for quality and the ability to inspire and excite others? The possibilities are limitless!
The PlayStation Network services 30+ million customers every day. The Product Security team tasked with securing every line of code that our software engineers write. In an effort to be more effective we are building out a team that is automating security processes and issue triage.
Join an innovative information security team that enables our Product Security Engineers to scale up their services across all of SIE. We have created a vulnerability management system to capture all application security concerns in one place. The application makes security teams more effective at incident response and scales up our application security services overall.
As a Software Engineering Associate, you will:
- Engage in gathering of business requirements and solution design
- Collaborate with CI/CD teams and others to integrate and improve our apps and services
- Participate in the design and implementation of durable and scalable software solutions
- Collaborate on the implementation of interactive web-based services and deploy them in the cloud
- Cooperate in code reviews to improve our code quality
- Team up with our customers, to develop automated processes and expand the features of vulnerability management app
- Experience with Java programming and web applications
- An interest in Application Security or Information Security in general
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- Development experience with applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- BS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Works well with others and is effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.