PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Product Manager, Monetization Tools
San Diego, CA
PlayStation Monetization Tools is the home for game creators and PlayStation® Store operators, bringing all of our tools together into a single place to make excellent content that consumers love, at an attractive price.
This role is focused primarily on the supply chain for digital voucher codes on the PlayStation® Store. These codes are distributed to consumers in many different ways including printed cards, game inserts, and email campaigns. Our team is looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager to define the tools, processes, and services to support digital voucher codes.
- Own and evangelize the vision and strategy for the PlayStation Partners: Codes application.
- Lead product definition of new and existing Codes tools and services.
- Be responsible for the backlog of initiatives and features and drive prioritization.
- Work closely with key internal global business partners to elicit requirements for new functionality.
- Partner with Program Management as they supervise delivery, manage timelines, resolve blockers and risks.
- Support User Experience in the design of new functionality
- Partner with Business Analysts to define business logic and requirements
- Partner with Product Owners and Engineering leads to prepare stories for delivery
- Interface with engineering teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale/benefits, including presenting at large planning events
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in product management ideally experience with internal tools/services.
- Outstanding product management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented.
- Ability to travel for key stakeholder meetings (post-COVID)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of order management systems, approval workflows, file encryption, data warehouses, and metrics/measurement tools.
- Hands-on experience in an agile software development process. Knowledge of waterfall development.
- Have worked collaboratively with stakeholders and project team members to further the business objectives of our products and services
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries, business models, and markets including challenging services is helpful but not required (we don’t expect you to be a gamer, but we love to talk games!)
- Can provide examples of prior work (requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, user flows, etc)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.