PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
We are looking for an experienced operations and support engineer with excellent troubleshooting skills to join our growing team in the Global Service Operations organization. The mission of this group is to provide 24/7 operational support of the Sony Network Platform and to manage all inbound support requests to the team while working with internal and external teams to drive issues to resolution within defined SLAs.
- Provide operational support for PlayStation Network platform by collaborating with international Sony groups, external parties, to provide application support and fulfill service requests.
- Investigate, solve, and triage complex production software, applications, service issues and misuse.
- Identify and raise issues or root causes of systemic issues; lead, facilitate or participate in timely resolution.
- Understand and take ownership for all operational workflows and standard operating procedures, down to a granular, detailed level.
- Build and maintain comprehensive support and process documentation.
- Conduct performance monitoring on various systems and applications; utilize and develop tools to improve support processes.
- Work with peers to assign, prioritize and complete daily tasks and address production issues.
- Lead business critical technical strategic projects.
- Lead the development of tools and monitoring.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of large scale systems administration and/or software development experience.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills and the ability to remain calm, composed, and customer-focused.
- Programming experience in Java or C++ and/or strong scripting skills (Ruby, Bash, or Python).
- Experience supporting web applications in Java, Tomcat stacks.
- Experience with Observability tools - DataDog, Splunk, Catchpoint, Light Step, Imply, etc.
- Experience investigating, improving and fixing complex systems and applications on *nix platforms.
- Experience using source control, bug tracking, and ticketing systems in a team environment.
- Experience in 24×7 production operations and participation in a periodic on-call rotation.
- Experience establishing processes and measuring results of those processes.
- Experience building scalable systems with very high levels of concurrency and transactions.
- Experience in real-time databases (such as Oracle, Cassandra, Aerospike, etc).
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Capable of quickly inspecting complex problems, understanding dependencies and deducing the root issue.
- Proficient in using command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues then conduct root cause analysis.
- DevOps mentality with ample automation experience.
- Understanding of Service Operations and ITIL principles and processes.
- Strong experience in public cloud services and deployment in AWS including EC2, EKS, CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, and Lambda.
- Self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- MS degree and/or 6+ years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment as well as experience leading short projects.
- 2+ years of technical leadership and/or management experience, leading engineering teams and mentoring others.
- Experience in EKS & K8.
- Experience working in a highly available finance, or revenue sensitive environment, with e-commerce and payment processing on a global scale.
- Excellent analytical skills, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Good understanding of software development and quality assurance processes.
- Experience in developing cross-platform code.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.