PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Executive Assistant – PlayStation Studios
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Assistant will report to the Head of Product, PlayStation Studios providing extensive executive administrative support. He/she will support the portfolio management team and the PlayStation Productions team with key projects and day-to-day administrative support.
We are seeking a driven, detail oriented, experienced professional who wants to be part of a high-performing team! The position will require high levels of collaboration and communication.
- Manage complex calendars and prepare detailed agenda for high-level meetings
- Arrange all domestic and international travel accommodations, including potential itinerary or schedule changes on short notice.
- Conduct a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, and manage correspondence flow
- Guide the Executive & team to effectively manage their own schedules in the office daily, so they arrive to essential meetings on-time.
- Compile and process expense reports in a timely manner, as well as create, track, and update organization/team related projects and documents on a monthly basis
- Professionally represent the Executive and team through initial contact meetings or telephone conversations; act as an administrative liaison.
- Provide logistical support for team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties as needed on and off-sites.
- Function as a communications hub for department, staying current on team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed.
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
- Support office space planning needs as growth occurs within team and work closely with HR, hiring managers, and the facilities team to make necessary adjustments.
- Collaborate closely and effectively with other global administrative counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company partners.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
- Maintain the Executive’s and team’s confidence and protect operations by keeping information highly confidential.
- Identify key department information that could be shared to increase cross-functional transparency. Identify areas to simplify and improve department documentation.
- Serve as the Executive’s liaison with the department, identifying communication opportunities / needs as relevant.
- Support the PlayStation Studios Product department as needed by handling key projects & events, shipping and receiving, processing invoices and purchase orders, submitting contract requests, and adding new vendors.
- Maintain the working area to ensure optimal upkeep.
- Process finished goods, catering, office supplies, and other miscellaneous orders as needed.
- Communication and Contact: Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Presentations: Ability to create compelling presentations with design sensibility and impact (i.e.: convert hand-drawn data on a notepad into a visually appealing PowerPoint slide).
- Relationships with Others: Works collaboratively and effectively with senior executives, colleagues, and internal and external partners; capable of bringing people together!
- Global Interaction: Ability to efficiently manage complex schedules across multiple time zones and to coordinate smoothly in various cultural settings.
Education and work experience:
- A.A./A.S. degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- An interest in interactive entertainment/gaming industry
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.