PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Search Lead
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Lead for our Search Centre of Excellence will be responsible for the successful roll out, expansion and growth of global search initiatives within SIE. The Search COE aims to demonstrate the power of search marketing to drive incremental engagement, purchase, and discovery with PlayStation’s new and existing consumers by providing direction on globally standardized strategy, locally nuanced implementation, and enhancing subject matter expertise across global teams. In this role, you will work across our breadth of businesses to deploy a new holistic approach to search with a focus on driving synergy and efficiency!
The ideal candidate should have experience in a leadership role within paid search, ideally also with recent hands-on experience within an activation role. This role requires a high degree of cross functional collaboration with internal brand teams, territories, and external agencies. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Drive global search initiatives.
- Lead conversation on search to gain buy-in and ongoing communication with brand and territory partners.
- Build a strong and collaborative relationship with our media agency and Google to ensure we maximize value of their consultation.
- Collaborate across Media Strategy, Planning and Performance Media to ensure Global Search approach evolves to meet upcoming campaign needs.
- Find opportunities to increase engagement with our consumers and drive business growth.
- Shape and inform search vision and strategy.
- Create a roadmap for delivering the search strategy and ensure the project meets the key achievements.
- Collaborate with the in-house SEO and CRO teams to improve and align search strategies.
- Demonstrate the value of search to internal partners.
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years' experience in paid search or digital media
- Expert level of understanding of search & biddable principles and applications
- Advanced experience with bid management, analytics & competitive insights tools available in the market including Search Ads 360
- An understanding of the international or global landscape
- A demonstrated track record of driving performance in house or in an agency role
- A strong understanding of SEO principles
- A strong leader with previous experience of leading a successful team
- An ability to convey complex topics to different partner types
- Strong presenting skills, able to present technical subjects confidently in front of large audiences.
- Numerate, analytical, and administratively competent with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working across multiple product lines or business units for a brand
- Responsibility for search initiative, including ensuring clear critical metrics and delivery against target(s)
- Oversight and awareness of team’s tasks & deliverables
- Keep senior management informed of key business growth opportunities, potential risks and other key nuances which affect the health of the business.
Candidate Preferred Qualities:
- Bachelor's degree, MBA and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Forward-thinking leader with the ability to clearly define, implement, and handle scalable sustainable processes for growing team
- Experience managing changing processes, objectives and deliverables across multiple teams
- Experience working within EMEA, LATAM or any other non US/CA territories
- Experience working with or for an entertainment or gaming brand
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and maintain attention to detail
- Articulate complex technology-related issues and educating ranges of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross-function teams positively
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Self-starter with sense of humor, passion, energy, enthusiasm to get results and affect meaningful change!
- Strong interest in video games and entertainment
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.