PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Staff Brand Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking to hire a Senior Staff Brand Manager to support our exclusive games developed by PlayStation Studios and Insomniac Games. Reporting directly into the Group Manager, Global Brand Marketing, this role will work closely with a team of global marketers and partner with development studios to craft the brand and global go-to-market marketing strategy for several high-profile game titles.
We are thrilled to be growing our team and would love to hear from you!
Marketing and Brand Strategy
- Lead a robust team of marketers responsible for a portfolio of key titles.
- Define global brand and product strategy, including positioning, unique selling points, and go-to-market approach based on strategic target audiences, market, and player insights.
- Lead global cross-functional teams, responsible for pulling together holistic global business results for their portfolio.
- Develop best-in-class live service strategy, including always-on, content strategy for Games as a Service.
- Accountable for the success of the global marketing campaign.
- Partner closely with development studios to develop product marketing strategy for game titles, including resolving appropriate target audiences, business models (financial models and/or monetization strategies), launch timing, and product/service feature sets.
- Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through qualitative and quantitative research.
- Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for franchises.
- Lead global marketing budget for portfolio of titles.
- Deep understanding of and experience working on AAA Games, platform experience a plus.
- Proven record of success in developing high impact global consumer strategies, mass market campaigns, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing, for our portfolio of games/services.
- Have broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing ecosystem including consumer insights, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation, and creative development.
- Experience with digital product offerings on mobile and PC platforms, a plus.
- Ability of influencing and engaging external and internal partners in a franchise brand vision.
- Experience partnering with licensors and working on licensed IP games.
- Extensive knowledge of and a passion for video games is a huge plus.
- 10+ years of product and brand marketing.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (MBA a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.