PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, HR M&A
The Global People Operations team strives help ensure efficient and simple people processes, systems, policies, and programs. We deliver data that is useful and accurate to build People-related strategies across the business. We build project management capability across our function. This individual will work as a closely with the Corporate Development and Finance Teams (Mergers & Acquisitions), HR Business Partners, Employment Law Team, and cross-functional HR teams to lead a wide variety of operational projects, processes, systems, and cases as a part of the People integration process. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a positive demeanor, and exhibits patience, teamwork, critical thinking, and problem solving.
With both a strategic lens and passion for detail, you will support a diverse array of projects from origination through final implementation. Roles and responsibilities, key milestones, timelines, and communications will need to be coordinated and supervised to ensure successful delivery. We’re looking for a leader with a growth approach and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to deliver!
Work you’ll do
As a driver of HR M&A, you will:
- Partner with M&A/Integration team, HRBPs, People Operations, Contingent Workforce, Recruiting, Global Mobility, Immigration, Legal, IT, Facilities and other teams to lead integration efforts for the M&A experience globally
- Drive HR Diligence, serve as the main People@ contact for target, track actions with cross-functional teams through status updates
- Lead communications (internal & external) throughout deal life cycle with all cross-functional partners
- Develops People standard methodologies on M&A processes including benchmarking with other companies, soliciting feedback and driving action to improve
- Deliver an exceptional transition experience for employees of all levels coming from acquired companies
- Responsible for improving the People Operations playbook and process plans for Due Diligence and Integration
- Run ongoing processes to ensure data and process dependencies with downstream systems and reporting are led effectively
- Lead effort on reporting and analytics based on organization needs and driving insights for Corporate Development & HR Leadership using existing dashboards, HRIS data, and utilizing our people data team
- 6+ years People Operations/Human Resources experience
- 2+ years working in the M&A space including experience with divestitures, delayed transfers and integrating People culture
- Proven experience driving cross-functional global projects independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience in strategic thought leadership, partner management, and collaborate effectively across the organization and influence partners at all levels to achieve results
- Experience exercising independent judgment and discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate action
- Experience handling sensitive employee experiences and communications with discretion and confidentiality
- Experience standardizing integration processes and documenting for future usage
- Demonstrated experience to work professionally and discreetly with extremely confidential information
- Experience dealing with ambiguity at all times, and understanding and reacting quickly to changing priorities even when not all the information is available
- Proven experience performing in fast-paced environment
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pay strong attention to detail to ensure high quality results
- Sophisticated knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to take things to the next level
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Word, Teams).
- Experience at a fast-paced, high growth Tech company
- Experience with Workday (or alternate HRIS system) & Greenhouse
- Global experience working internationally, broad understanding of country and business nuances
- Bachelor's degree
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.