PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PSN is an innovative and fast paced workplace where we focus every day to delight our customers. Are you passionate about logging and enterprise monitoring? Are you excited at the prospect of working for Play Station Network?
We are looking for a passionate, highly skilled, and motivated individual to join our Site Reliability Tools (SRT) team building next generation monitoring and site analytics capability in AWS. As a member of our team, you will be responsible for, building and managing an enterprise level End-to-End Logging solution for SIE.
You will participate in system design in the full life-cycle; from concept, data ingestion, data governance application decomposition and the creation of dashboards. As a domain expert for this log data analytics and visualization platform, you will follow to develop and implement solutions.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to handle multiple on-going assignments while also working independently on other tasks with a focus on managing continuous improvement of service engineering, delivery, and operational practices. You will participate in the design, logic and flow-charting, data ingestion, data governance, visualization development, testing, debugging, documentation and support of our Logging infrastructure. Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions and assist in the continuous improvement.
- Architect, design, deploy and support a combination of open source, custom written and vendor provided software to provide log aggregation and analysis capabilities across SIE platform.
- Implement and maintain Enterprise solutions for Logging in public cloud.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering Teams to integrate Logging tools across the entire platform.
- Work with key stakeholders on developing use cases and knowledge objects implement in the platform.
- Build automation to improve day-to-day operations towards self-service capabilities for onboarding new services into the logging pipeline.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex issues/incidents and provide RCAs.
- Create technical documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs.
- Advanced knowledge and 5+ years’ experience on Splunk architecture. Splunk administration and/or architecture certification are highly desirable.
- Strong on Splunk SPL. Able to build optimize queries in Splunk.
- Strong hands-on experience in building and maintaining large-scale Splunk infrastructure for microservices which includes Indexers/Search Heads clustering, Workload Management, Splunk SmartStore, and dashboard/general searching query optimization.
- Strong experience deploying and supporting logging pipeline through tools such as Python, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS technology automation or similar
- Strong software development experience in one of these languages: Go, Perl, Python or Java
- Demonstrated experience following software engineering best-practices
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle with experience integrating Open-Source tools
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Strong experience in public cloud services and deployment in AWS including EC2, EKS, CloudFormation, Code Pipeline, and Lambda.
- Familiar with backend data collection tools such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, and AWS CloudWatch.
- Strong ability to solve complex issues from system resources to application stack traces.
- Excellent communication skill, both verbal and written.
- Experience with different operating systems such as Windows, RedHat, CentOS, Amazon Linux
- Experience with data stream processing is a plus.
- Methodical and systematic problem-solving approach.
- Strong sense of ownership of End-to-End solutions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently!
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.