PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Security Operations Engineer
San Diego, CA or Remote
We are looking for an inspirational and hardworking person to join the Security Engineering team at Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)! You'll be joining an exciting team of innovative engineers who are unified in their mission to make PlayStation the best and most secure gaming platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring the security needs are met. The engineer will also support the deployment of new security technologies that will improve the overall security posture of SIE. This role is highly technical and requires a shown grasp of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
- Review and improve cloud based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers in the public cloud.
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
- Implement a tool driven and highly automated approach to deliver secure key management processes by improving use of existing toolsets.
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments
- Assist and train team members in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Evaluate and recommend use of ML, AI, and data analytic services to enable action based events and triggers
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and wide scale.
- Deploy automated security solutions for cloud delivery processes
- Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container, microservices and serverless technologies
- Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
- Participates in an on-call rotation for 24x7 support of security operations
- Other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent industry experience (8+ years)
- Extensive experience in cloud based DDoS protection services such as AWS Advanced Shield, Imperva Incapsula and Akamai
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others
- Experience with other Cloud Providers are acceptable.
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Extensive Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
- Knowledge of AWS automation strategies and tools
- Solid understanding of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, web server, and database security
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns, issues to other teams
- Experience in developing, detailing, and maintaining security procedures
- Proficient in AWS CLI/API, Bash, and Python
- Experience in virtualization, Cloud Formation, Python in building hybrid cloud models with security layered in for groups, policies is essential for an individual's hands-on expertise.
- Experience with Real time scalability and highly available solutions using functions like Lambda, AWS Auto Scaling and Cloud Formations.
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Direct senior level experience with security infrastructure engineering in hosted and cloud based environments.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.