PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Public Relations Specialist - Hardware and Network
San Mateo, CA
The SIE Communications team is looking for a sharp PR professional to support PR strategy and execution for PlayStation hardware platforms and network services, while shaping a positive narrative for the overall PlayStation brand. Based in our San Mateo HQ, you will play a central role in communicating the company’s innovation story across gaming and entertainment!
The Sr. Public Relations Specialist will be accountable for supporting daily activities within the department that are targeted at driving positive awareness of PlayStation’s brand, hardware and network services, and play a key role in media and influencer relations.
The ideal candidate is a strong writer, detail-oriented and experienced fostering relationships with media and other influencers. Expertise with coordinating product launches, review programs, events, and other PR programs is required. We are seeking a great teammate who will stay on top of trends in gaming, entertainment, and technology!
- Support PR execution and strategy for hardware platforms and network services, working with key partners across a global organization on integrated communications campaigns.
- Champion and expand relationships with top-tier media and influencers to secure compelling coverage, with a particular focus on consumer and mainstream media outlets.
- Develop written materials to support media outreach, including announcements, fact sheets, messaging/Q&As, briefing backgrounders, etc.
- Manage coverage reporting and asset distribution.
- Partner with other SIE Comms team members to contribute to broader department initiatives, including events, product briefings, and other media programs.
- Complete projects with minimal direction and manage up to supervisor, as well as keep the entire Public Relations team up-to-date on key programs.
- The desired candidate will possess at least 3 years of Public Relations experience in consumer and/or tech PR.
- PR agency experience is preferred; in-house PR experience is a plus.
- Experience coordinating multiple projects and the ability to work collaboratively with others across a large global organization.
- Proven relationship-building skills with various media outlets across consumer, gaming, technology, business press, and influencers, and keeping up-to-date with the latest trends within the media landscape.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills is a requirement.
- Solid background in media relations, PR writing, plan execution, event coordination, and vendor management.
- Keen interest in video games and knowledge of the gaming industry, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field or equivalent.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.