PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategic Initiatives Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of PlayStation has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to build new business opportunities. We’re are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
As part of Global Store and Services (GSS), the Office of Strategy Management (OSM) is responsible for leading all GSS strategy-related activities—from formulation to execution. The OSM facilitates the process so that strategy execution gets accomplished in an integrated fashion across the organization. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, strategy planning and reviews, strategy communication, knowledge management, and initiative management.
The Strategic Initiatives Manager is a role developed to enhance the OSM capabilities. The goal is to cultivate relationships, lead department initiatives to deepen and broaden our impact on successful delivery against objectives. This role is vital to the future growth of GSS. The ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic and flexible team player, possessing excellent planning skills, a demonstrable, collaborative mindset, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Develop and implement framework to track and review strategic initiatives across GSS to ensure successful delivery of department objectives
- Ensure all strategic initiatives are being handled with the established framework, timelines and budgets
- Drive organizational alignment around strategy by working in conjunction with the management team on articulation of department objectives and initiatives with clear line of sight
- Support and execute department communication strategy including stand up meetings and newsletters by developing and collating materials, analyzing survey results, and sharing progress on initiatives for the department
- Work cross-functionally to develop processes that ensure prioritization and approvals for strategic initiatives
- Develop framework and manage standard methodologies to be shared across the department
- Direct management responsibility and leadership for assigned strategic initiatives focused on employee engagement including career development and supporting diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging programs
- Provide project management support on assigned GSS Strategic Initiatives
- Facilitate and lead cross-functional workshops to refine and optimize all elements of strategy
- Establish and maintain frameworks to drive alignment and clarity on ways of working
- Contribute views on crafting and evolving the Office of Strategy Management
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- 6+ years of experience of project/initiative management experience
- Experience building employee engagement programs and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Creative and upbeat team player who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Ability to understand other teams’ needs; resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
- Gifted presenter able to articulate information widely from senior management summaries to detailed information to specialists.
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships; proven experience of building strong internal relationships across departments and of driving collaborative behaviors within teams
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.