PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Global Security Operations Center Operator (San Mateo)
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Global Safety Operations Center (GSOC) Operator. The Global Security Operations Center is a 24/7 operation which provides a comprehensive monitoring approach to provide broad visibility of activity across the infrastructure of a high-profile client, and leverages intelligence from several systems and technology databases that provide advanced correlation and analysis capabilities to deliver a prioritized list of actionable security incidents to the client’s Global Security Operations Team. Being a team member in the Global Security Operations Center provides an exciting opportunity to participate in real-world, high-profile projects of an entertainment industry leader.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Provide timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities
- Serve as the hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business and ensure all systems, both hardware and software, are functioning properly, and immediately notify appropriate stakeholders when they are not
- Perform analysis, planning, and provide direction in order to ensure that the GSOC is delivering maximum value to the business and provide training and develop Standard Operating Procedures for personnel assigned to the GSOC to facilitate effective performance
- Identify and communicate daily all critical items requiring the attention of senior management and coordinate with Safety Operations Managers to provide necessary documentation in support of uniformed guard force activity (e.g., Officer Dispatch, Incident Reporting, etc.)
- Develop a program for maintenance and troubleshooting of software systems with a focus on preventative maintenance and early detection of potential issues and assist in identifying new technologies and upgrades for existing systems
- Assume full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the GSOC, its systems, personnel and functions and ensure procedures and protocols are in place that enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and other activities related to the GSOC and its role as a central monitoring station
The Ideal Candidate
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
- Must possess a minimum of one year of Global Security Operation Center and/or Dispatch experience
- Work experience must include of the following:
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and approaches to problems
- Demonstrated high level of competency with advanced computer systems (e.g., hardware, software and networks)
- Possession of highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with Information Technology and Security Systems professionals
- Demonstrated ability to operate radio, telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and working under extreme pressure
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following disciplines: Criminal Justice, Political Science, International Relations/Affairs, Homeland Security, Business Intelligence, and Statistics
Communication center supervisory experience
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
- Documented experience and competency in any of the following Security Software Systems:
- Access Control/ID systems (Ccure experience a plus)
- Incident Management and computer assisted dispatch software
- Visitor Management System
- CCTV/Video Management systems
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Prior Military Service or Dispatch experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office with minimal to no extreme temperatures expected.
Major Activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting.
Physical Efforts to Carry Out Job Duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.