PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Payments platform team supports a payment volume of double digit $$billion(s) globally and we are just getting started. We are re-inventing our payments platform to provide a seamless gaming and monetization experience in an industry that is seeing spectacular growth and innovation.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test who can help ensure we’re able to continue to grow our capabilities without negative impact to our passionate user base.
About the role and how you will spend your time:
- Work in an Agile Scrum environment to support quality engineering activities in the payments space
- Work with architects and developers to create test plans for new functionality.
- Develop and implement standard methodologies for test driven development, continuous build and deploy, automated testing, multi-functional end-to-end testing, including device testing, and performance testing.
- Work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of test frameworks and regression and smoke test suites.
- Act as a quality gate and provide release sign-off.
- Assist with production deployment support and post release hyper-care.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience.
- Extensive hands-on technical expertise, including experience with Java.
- Experience with all aspects of software test, including test planning, test automation, load test, failure mode test, etc.
- Experience testing RESTful web services and web applications
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g., Jenkins).
- Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Cucumber, etc.), code coverage tools (Clover, Karma).
- Experience with SQL and database schema designs.
- Experience reviewing logs in Splunk or similar.
- Ability to estimate effort and size of features
- Experience with agile development methodologies and TDD processes
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
Nice to have:
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, linearly scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, Big Data/NoSQL).
- Past experience as a Software Developer.
- Ecommerce platform domain expertise.
- Experience with C++
- Possess a drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and are able to work with others at all levels.
- Effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- Your curiosity drives you to go beyond your immediate assignments and actively learn everything you can about the systems you support! You’re not afraid to ask questions.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.