PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Do you have a passion for software quality? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real passion for the products you help build? At PlayStation, we are looking for QA engineers to join a global initiative in robust automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's vibrant SOMA district, within walking distance to extraordinary restaurants, museums and nightlife.
What you'll do:
- Set up test frameworks and help teams set up automation infrastructure
- Author common API’s and libraries for test automation
- Work with QA teams to build, maintain, and improve automated test suites for applications on the PlayStation console
- Work with console developers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with automated test coverage
- Collaborate with distributed teams for automation design and development
- Work with the infrastructure team to create and maintain common services such as CI pipelines
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least three years or equivalent experience in sophisticated UI automation for web or native applications
- Experience developing automation frameworks and test suites
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI systems (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience with at least one modern web application framework such as Angular/Ember.js/React
- Experience testing a non-PC device (phone/game console/set-top box, etc.)
- Significant experience with both Node.js and Python
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience with React Native
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.