PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Solutions Systems Engineer - Web Services
San Diego, CA
About the role:
Listen, learn, and develop PlayStation's Financial Systems. Collaborate with PlayStation Network engineering, product management, finance, and other partners in addition to the internal team. Looking for an adaptable candidate to continue our expansion in financial technology.
Develop and manage distributed-systems to integrate PlayStation’s online business all the way to the financial ledger. Build both frontend and backend, including but not limited to a variety of API's, data transformations, ETL programs, and reporting dashboards.
How you will spend your time:
- Design and maintain web services to support large-scale financial data transformations
- Retire deprecated reporting systems; design and develop efficient replacements
- Migrate on-prem servers to services and servers in AWS
- Improve the financial data model in both data and technology: Oracle, Snowflake, S3, Redshift, etc.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Testing, and Project Management on successful delivery of systems improvements.
- Passion for PlayStation and desire to be part of a business critical team to report on revenue/costs to business
- 3+ years experience building complex software systems; solving problems and reconciling data in these systems
- 3+ years experience in web development, preferably full-stack
- Understanding of basic accounting
- Understanding of distributed systems and backend architecture
- Fluent in SQL (Oracle and/or Snowflake)
- Ability to operate independently with less supervision while also building a sphere of influence within wider PlayStation teams
- Passion for pursuing new technologies and constantly learning
- Other tools: Linux, networking, git, AWS
- Flexibility to work remote while offices are closed for COVID-19, and work in multiple time-zones as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and/or related field.
- Proficiency in SQL i.e. knowledge of window functions, backend data model design, and optimization
- Experience in financial technologies: ie SAP/ S4 HANA, FICO/FICA/FSCM
- Experience in current software industry business models such as e-commerce sales, subscriptions, preorders, royalties, revenue sharing, and bounties
- Proficient with ETL Tools: Informatica, Matillion, others etc
Why Sony Interactive Entertainment?
This is an opportunity to work on and influence the development of a really cool product with an extensive and global customer base. Small fun-focused team with end-to-end visibility of the product and the business.
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive salary, 401K with company match, education assistance, generous paid leave, and more. Post COVID-19-- on site gym and cafe, convenient and fun break-rooms with refreshments.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.