PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical lead for Data Governance – SIE Platform Data & Engineering
San Diego, CA
This is a technical lead position in the Data Platform Engineering group, responsible for development of the Sony PlayStation Network Data Platform, Data Warehouse, and related integration components. Data Platform is critical and core component in Sony Play Station Network and supports dramatic customer growth on the global, fast growing Sony Network Entertainment customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStation Vue.
The individual's primary responsibilities include:
- Lead technology data governance and data management for global Data Platform.
- Leads team of engineers on delivering technical solution in space of data architecture, data management, compliance and literacy.
- Leads, coaches, mentors and encourages team of data, software, quality and operations engineers to effectively build and follow data governance standard methodologies and data platform technology stack.
- Collaborate across business units, product teams and architecture community to develop data governance vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Effectively lead teams in researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit and operations and cost efficiencies.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and industry trends to influence business and product strategy and development standard methodologies.
- Effectively works in highly collaborative, agile environment with numerous partners, platform program and product managers.
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in technical leadership role in Data Platform development.
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Governance activities and technology
- Experience in delivering data using streaming technologies Kafka, Flume and Kinesis.
- Extensive experience with data virtualization technologies like Composite.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud hosting and data managed services on cloud.
- Extensive experience with data platform systems for large enterprises, preferably with near real time transactional data, using demonstrably standard data platform design techniques.
- Extensive experience in ETL and business intelligence.
- Outstanding technical experience and knowledge of web services technologies, integration technologies, data transformations and data analytics, managing and optimizing complex technology transformation.
- Excellent leadership presence - In facilitative leadership of the team, leading meetings, presenting, and influencing across organizations.
- Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.