PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Tools Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Tools Programmer, responsible for the architecture, development, and maintenance of the production tool chain.
- Contribute to the effort to develop the technology, systems, tools, and data pipelines necessary for the production of Bend Studio’s games.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge and understanding of advancements in the industry for game tools technologies and production pipelines, from engineering, art, and design perspectives.
- Maintain and manage communication between engineering and game production teams to enable early identification of issues and ensure that issues within direct areas of responsibility are strategically managed.
- Provide input into the architecture and implementation of toolchain systems through all phases of the game development cycle. Ensure systems are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game’s design.
- Independently undertake research prior to starting a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
- Optimize toolchain systems to full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Maintain a clear understanding of personal and team task lists and project milestones to ensure goals will be met from a scope, schedule, or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to the Technical Director.
- Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the toolchain systems with the appropriate members of the development and production teams.
- Present complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
- Minimum 2-4 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of scripting languages
- B.S. in computer science, engineering, or relevant curriculum.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- Excellent understanding of 3D math.
- Experience in a wide range of game engine and toolchain systems (e.g., rendering pipelines, file IO, memory management, performance evaluation and tuning, input systems)
- Strong knowledge of production development tools including compilers, build tools, IDEs, source code and asset control systems, and integration with 3D editing packages.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.