PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Tools Engineer, Contract to Hire
San Diego Studio
Assuming all things work out, the intention of this position is a 12-month contract to hire.
Do you love baseball almost as much as you love video games? Why not combine the two and work on our MLB® - The Show game series! An Associate Tools Programmer works with our engineers, animators, and designers to improve the tools that help make our title the best sports title in gaming. Here, you will be supporting our tools and asset pipeline to provide new functionality and build new tools. If this is you, please apply!
- Innovate and maintain proprietary tools that generate content for our game.
- Optimize and maintain game engines that support those tools.
- Support proprietary animation system and overcome complicated math problems.
- Code in C++ and Python to achieve the above tasks.
- Strength programming with C++ and Python.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required.
- Master's degree desired.
- Exposure to the gaming industry is a plus.
- At least one scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.
- Understand data structures and algorithms
- Strong mathematics background: linear algebra, statistics and/or geometry
- Sports appreciation is helpful.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.