PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Aliso Viejo, CA /Remote
PlayStation is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer interested in pushing the limits of streaming technology. As the leaders of game streaming, the Core team is responsible for developing the protocol and technology that powers PlayStation Now.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are capable of handling all aspects of the technology, from the expansion of new clients to implementing new features. You enjoy facing new challenges and the sense of accomplishment from tackling them. Never a dull day, the healthy mix of both production and R&D projects ensures that the work is both challenging and fast paced.
- Implement new client and server features
- PlayStation Now platform owner
- Push technological boundaries on R&D projects
- Document key technical areas and give technical presentations to internal teams
- Mentor engineers in key technical areas
- 5+ years programming in C++
- Expert in several key technical areas
- Excellent debugging skills
- Motivated self starter capable of removing roadblocks
- Attention to detail at both the product and coding level
- Ability to work with others and communicate ideas effectively (written and verbal)
- Participated/Contributed to development of complex systems using C++ (open source or in-house)
- Experience working with client/server architecture
- Video encoding/decoding experience
- Network experience with UDP protocols
- Experience developing on mobile platforms (Android or iOS)
- Experience developing on Windows, Linux and/or macOS
- Experience interfacing audio APIs
- Experience with UML
- Avid gamer
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.