PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Upscale Security Officer (San Francisco)
Experienced Upscale Security Officer Salary is $23.90
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for an Upscale Security Officer. The Upscale Security Officer is an integral role within the Security team, responsible for the overall customer service and access control for the company. The Upscale Security Officer represents the brand of the company and must demonstrate professionalism and customer service at all times, while also responding quickly and effectively to security needs in San Francisco.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- The Upscale Security Officer will provide Access Control; control access to the site employees, contractors, vendor, and visitors.
- Enforce company policies as related to security
- Processes Visitor Management
- Answer phones as needed; internal and external customer relations
- Responsible for inventory and the signing out access cards
- Observe, report, and investigate incidents along with responding to emergencies
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Occasional assistance of special events on and off campus at client’s request
- Provide excellent Customer Service for SIE employees, contractors and vendors.
The Ideal Candidate
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a current and valid Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS) Security Officer License issued by the State of California
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of work history in a security role requiring direct customer and client interaction
- Work history must include each of the following:
- Demonstrated ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Demonstrated ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Must be at least 18 years old or minimum age required by the State (if higher)
- Must be able to work flexible schedules
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Active listening Skills
- Assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Identify Critical issues quickly and accurately
- Research investigate and compile information
- Write informatively, clearly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Encourage effective teamwork
- Mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
- Planning and organizing
- Problem solving
Other Related Attributes that Would Enhance Hiring Considerations
- Baseline experience managing crisis situations and/or life safety programming a plus
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Corporate office; open work area; exterior as needed; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting or standing; telephone and radio use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, walking, bending, limited stretching and reaching
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.