PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Network Advertising team is a sophisticated, global advertising sales organization focused on servicing strategic platform partners. As a leader in gaming and entertainment we are continuously diversifying our business models to align our service with the needs of our customers. In the last couple of years, we have accelerated rapidly beyond our anticipated growth trajectory, and we are seeking an experienced, service oriented, sales and marketing professional to build long-term advertising partnerships with PlayStation’s key Partners!
The Client Partner will act as a consultant, demonstrating leadership and providing business insight with a focus on driving revenue growth, strategic account development and selling PlayStation’s suite of advertising solutions to our most integrated business partners. You’ll be an integral part of the Net Ads team working closely with multiple internal partners to develop these relationships, creating new marketing opportunities and executing on a number of PlayStation’s pivotal initiatives. Success in this position requires a passion for entertainment, strong consultative sales and analytical skills, and exceptional client service. We are looking for an individual who will thrive in and contribute to a dynamic, team-focused environment!
- Help define PlayStation’s overall approach within a designated segment of our addressable market, including on a specific set of key client responsibilities
- Seek to understand customer needs, challenges and strategic priorities by cultivating lasting relationships with client stakeholders at all levels
- Drive strategic conversations by defining objectives and providing recommendations on how to best leverage the PlayStation platform
- Deliver holistic success of your accounts measured by revenue growth/profitability, new product and solutions uptake, and customer satisfaction
- Manage and update revenue tracking documentation, pipeline and opportunities, and report revenue forecast predictions to internal partners
- Work with cross functional client facing teams to build business cases which support advertising revenue growth to take to rev ops and product teams as improvement ideas
- Operate as the primary point of contact for any and all matters specific to your clients, including critical issues
- Represent PlayStation by acting fairly, with integrity and with the highest ethical standards in external partner meetings
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA’s):
- 5+ years of working experience in gaming or entertainment, digital media, marketing or advertising industries
- Strong understanding of PlayStation, our ecosystem, and its core players
- Proven track record of delivering multi-channel advertising campaigns with familiarity of advertising standard methodologies, trends, terms & conditions
- Demonstrated ability of achieving profitable revenue growth
- Experience working in and navigating a large or high-growth organization with many cross functional partners
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to structure, negotiate, and maintain significant and complex strategic relationships
- A true teammate that nurtures and develops team members and partners
- Ability to travel as required
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.