PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Service Reliability Engineer
Do you want to use transformative technologies to achieve greater scalability and efficiencies? Do you want a career that combines your engineering skills and your passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
As a part of Sony Computer Entertainment, the Future Technology Group (FTG) is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from TVs to consoles to mobile devices and beyond. Our SREs focus on three main things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments. The successful candidate will be self-directed and able to participate in the way we make decisions at different levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during different phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuring the operational readiness and stability.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to be scheduled in on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Go, Java, C++, or Rust
- In addition, experience with:
- Distributed data storage at scale (Hadoop, Ceph)
- NoSQL at scale (MongoDB clusters, sharded Redis, Cassandra)
- Data Aggregation technologies. (ElasticSearch, Kafka)
- Scaling and running traditional RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL) with High Availability
- Supervising & Alerting (Prometheus, Grafana), and Incident Management toolsets
- Virtual infrastructure and/or container hosting (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.