PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Studio Operations Coordinator – Sound
San Diego, CA
This is a 1 year contract through Yoh staffing with high likelihood of extension and potential contract to perm hire based on performance.
A multi-tasker with strong project management skills to coordinate/manage all areas of administrative support for the PlayStation Studios Sound, under Worldwide Studios. You are a natural operating in a fast-paced environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with staff members, supporting executives and managing vendors.
As it turns out:
We are looking for an Operations Coordinator who would be responsible for department support including financial and administrative tasks. This position will work with the production department to insure that the department, the games and the staff have what is needed for success. This position will also work with sound designers, dialogue coordinators and casting/talent management professionals to make some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
- Lead and prepare monthly financial forecasts, accruals and budget tracking
- Lead award submission efforts for the Sound group
- Create contract requests for services and goods, purchase orders and receive/submit invoices
- Ownership of the new hire onboarding process; coordinating with the appropriate departments to ensure equipment setup, addition to email lists, updating team roster etc.
- Prepare reports for Game Credits, Studio Usage Logs and Staff information
- Provide general administrative support for several managers within the department, including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, arranging travel, processing expense reports, planning events, generating reports, etc.
- Note taking and organization for high level production meetings
- Help with events on-site and off-site such as studio lunches, all-hands meetings
- Serve as a knowledge base for everyone that works within the department
- Support presentation creation/maintenance as necessary
- Frequent contact with all levels of Sony Interactive Entertainment and extended Sony Group
- Send/receive mail and packages
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of administrative or relevant work experience
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with AAA talent and recording studio staff
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detailed oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and results-oriented
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Experience working between multiple time zones
- Experience dealing with high profile executives and performers desired
- Familiarity with Recording Studios and services desired
- Familiarity with PlayStation products
- Experience working in a multi-national global company
- Experience supporting multiple executives is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.