PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are seeking an experienced Animation Programmer for the development of a new unannounced title!
If you love writing code while collaborating with the designers and animators to bring characters and environments to life, come join our team! The ideal candidate understands animation, champions the gameplay experience, and has the technical knowledge to make those ideas a reality.
- Design, implement, and maintain core animation systems
- Collaborate with other engineers, animators, and technical animators to improve animation technology in the run-time, workflows, pipelines, and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
- Test and document code produced
- Support other tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed
- Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional programming experience
- Expertise in C and C++
- Animation experience that includes state machines, blending, IK systems, low-level systems and compression
- An eye for detail and appreciation of the craft of making smooth, responsive game animation
- Motion matching experience desirable
- Knowledge of animation workflows and rigging systems a plus
- Strong programming fundamentals with solid code architecture skills
- Proficient in linear algebra
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.