PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Production Coordinator (PlayStation Studios Sound Team)
This is a 12-month contracted position through our staffing partner Yoh Services with a high likelihood of extension.
This position can be based anywhere in the US / 100% remote.
A super creative problem solver with amazing communication skills and attention to detail. You are interested in working alongside our development partners at AAA studios such as Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Production Coordinator who would be responsible for tracking information regarding task assignments and various assets within audio production for our team of award winning audio game developers. This position will work with sound designers, dialogue coordinators and casting professionals on some of the most exciting AAA games for PlayStation.
Support and/or Manage specific audio workflows
- Schedule and drive the coordination of asset flow between audio team, game team, localization group and outsource vendors.
- Communicate multidiscipline timelines and information.
- Help develop and maintain optimized workflows that achieve game directives within audio.
- Support development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget.
Support and/or Manage day-to-day production issues
- Breakdown large or complex tasks into manageable subtasks.
- Participate in regular meetings with the project teams and individuals to discuss status, identify action items, and plan or troubleshoot production resources.
- Be detailed focused and maintain the required databases to ensure the team has accurate and timely information from which to make informed decisions.
- Identify and recall information across various internal resources to inform strategic decisions or processes within the audio team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent skill set preferred.
- Be able to work within the core hours of Pacific Time.
- 1-3 years of equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of project schedules and documentation, monitoring the progress of project milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office (Excel), Google Sheets
- Familiarity with Agile techniques and traditional production management.
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple development and external outsourcing teams.
- Enthusiastic and interested in learning in a technically complex and fast paced work environment.
- Persistent with problem solving skills to track down information to form a full development picture.
- Knowledge of game audio asset production.
- Love of games and passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.