PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
UX Designer (Contract)
Los Angeles, CA
As a UX Designer for PlayStation Partners / Tools, you will define the user flows and interface for new and existing SIE internal and external applications that support the digital supply chain of SIE’s products and services. The apps you work on power all the outstanding content that appears on the PlayStation console and stores.
You are a technically-minded designer with a passion to understand and solve complex problems. You must be able to communicate clearly and concisely through detailed design specifications. You'll work closely with Product Management, Engineering and regional stakeholders located around the globe throughout all stages of the product cycle. We are looking for a critical-thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, and an eye for making things better.
- Create detailed interaction and visual design specifications for PlayStation Partner Tools Apps and Partner Design System
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ensure that the design vision is executed accurately during the development and QA process
- Ability to effectively present design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment.
- Very strong execution and attention to interaction and visual design detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design.
- Expertise using Sketch, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping tools.
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Processes, including user testing.
- Should be self-motivated, highly organized, and perform multiple tasks under minimal direction.
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 3+ years of user experience and visual design work.
- Prior experience working within a technical environment is a plus
- Strong interest in solving complex problems
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages is a plus
- Experience in building functional prototypes and interactive elements is a plus
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.