PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join our award-winning God of War team
The Community Team at Santa Monica Studio works to provide our fans with a best in class experience across our social channels. We are looking for an experienced and driven individual to join our team as a Community Coordinator.
A Community Coordinator is relied upon to help collect, analyze and distribute fan sentiment to the appropriate teams. Responsibilities include partnering with Sr. Community Manager and Marketing Producer to execute current marketing campaigns, evaluate their effectiveness and broaden the Studio’s reach to fans.
Own the communication pipeline for fans:
- Collaborate with the Community Team to ensure appropriate messaging for various issues/situations is shared with the player base.
- Assist in executing long-term community strategy to engage players throughout the lifecycle of a game release.
Lead the collection of community feedback:
- Assess the community’s sentiment, understand community concerns, and communicate the status to internal partners.
- Assist in creating reports that capture the overall health of the community. Report on areas of concern, emerging topics/threads, and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Gather feedback and details of issues that players may be experiencing, assist in their prioritization for internal partners.
Partner with multiple disciplines to generate creative campaign assets:
- News publication and proofreading on Santa Monica Studio platforms.
- Day-to-day project execution, including following-up and coordinating with relevant partners to ensure campaigns move forward.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Well versed in current social media platforms and trends, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Ability to execute long-term projects from beginning to end.
Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with high performing creative teams and demonstrated ability to partner effectively in a high pressure, collaborative environment
- Adept with conversation management and moderation on online platforms.
Education & Experience
- 1-2 years of experience in a community or customer service role. Previous experience in the video games industry a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Experience working within the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.) a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.