PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to contribute to our development process on a AAA game. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that centers around the architecture and implementation of game engine code systems used for the creation and development of a game application.
- Key contributor to the development of technology, systems and tools that support game design requirements. This includes, but is not limited to game logic, character behaviors, state-based animations selection, motion systems, scripted mini-games, physics systems, collision systems, rendering, particle effects, entities systems, camera logic, audio support.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the games design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborating with the production team to develop all aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Providing input and/or developing the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle, from pre-production through final product release.
- Maintaining a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicating updates and concerns to their manager.
- Managing requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintaining skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry in a specialized area of personal expertise.
- Create and maintain multiplayer gameplay systems in code and script
- 3-5 years industry or related experience.
- 1 or more published titles.
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Wide-range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, physics, camera, animation, audio, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills.
- Current and Next Gen game console experience strongly desired.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Multiplayer game experience preferred
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.