PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
IT Support Specialist (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
Please note, this is a temporary position through our staffing partner, Yoh. The length of contract is 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
Sony PlayStation is looking for a passionate IT Support Specialist, responsible for the consistent delivery of outstanding IT support at PlayStation headquarters, in San Mateo. This is a temporary work from home situation with some on premises hands on work in an empty office.
In this role, you will work through customer concerns and ad-hoc IT projects with a focus on raising the bar on quality of service. This is a customer service role and fundamental to its success is building and maintaining support relationships with internal business teams, promoting trust, setting expectations, and achieving mastery in customer service. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
- Process weekly new hire tasks and conduct remote IT orientations.
- Process weekly exits and work closely with asset management team.
- Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests.
- Ensure timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved.
- Address high priority issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Provide direct support for Windows, macOS, and Linux endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
- Assists in providing root cause analysis and resolutions to trending end user issues.
- Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
- Ensure accurate update to inventory and asset management system.
- On-call assignments required to deftly support our global 24/7 business operations.
- May need to travel to San Francisco to assist with specialized projects as needed.
- At least 3 years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience.
- At least 1 year of hands-on Executive Level Support.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Must have proven experience with Windows 10 and MacOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with supporting mobile devices (iOS and Android) under MDM solution.
- Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (Google Apps, Box, SAP, Okta …etc.).
- Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus …etc.).
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA, Salesforce…etc.)
- Strong understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
- Hardware troubleshooting experience with Laptops, Desktops, and Network Printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when vital.
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, and able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as the need arises.
- Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.