PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation - Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Senior Release Engineer
(Aliso Viejo, CA / Remote)
At PlayStation, we're leading the revolution in cloud gaming as we push the boundaries of what's possible! Would you like to use your skills, time, and passion on meaningful projects that are building the future? We're looking for engineers who want to make a difference, love automating everything they can get their hands on, and enjoy working with creative, intelligent and collaborative teammates. If that sounds like something you would love to do, we want to hear from you! Come help us build a world class cloud platform capable of delivering fun and unique gaming experiences to millions of players!
- Extensively customize Linux at a low level to support CGEI services.
- Build, scale, automate, and secure our infrastructure, focusing specifically on the Linux environment.
- Support software development with a special focus on the pieces between the development of software and deploying it to production.
- Balance the needs of security, maintainability, robustness, scalability, reproducibility, ease of debugging, and service transparency.
- Increase deployment velocity and confidence.
- Develop CI/CD pipelines in GitLab.
- Create and manage containers, VMs, and bare metal images.
- Work in cross-functional development teams and help deliver quality software within scheduled time constraints.
- Expert understanding of Linux systems configuration and administration. You, Linux, and the command line are best of friends.
- Extensive experience writing Bash shell scripts. You can teach us a thing or two about it.
- You are very comfortable coding in Python and understand its strengths and weaknesses.
- Passion for build and release engineering, including CI/CD platforms like GitLab.
- Strong history of taking ownership and successfully delivering results.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent work experience).
- 10+ years of experience in low-level Linux / BSD systems programming
- Experience with GitLab a major plus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Agile and DevOps.
- Contributor to open source projects.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and playing games.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.