PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Audio Progammer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA (Note this position can be fully remote for anyone in the USA or Canada)
PlayStation is seeking a software engineer to join our Audio Technology team. This team is responsible for providing the entire audio pipeline from authoring tools to game-runtime to low level synthesizer. Our team works closely with AAA developers like Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, etc. to drive the future of PlayStation audio. This is a unique opportunity to be part of all aspects of AAA game audio development and help define the next-generation of game audio. If this is you please apply!
- Design and implement runtime systems and tools for our customer’s needs (such as propagation, streaming, performance, and so on)
- Support sound designers in their use of these systems and tools
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- Support and extend audio workflows and pipelines
- Test and document code produced
- Min. 5 years professional programming experience with expertise in C/C++ and any C# is a plus
Must have prior experience working with Unreal engine; Frostbite, Unity or any AAA propriety game engines a plus.
- Exposure to game audio systems, game audio content creation or music production, etc.
- Generalist with proven code architecture skill
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Dedication to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Passionate and takes initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and equivalent experience
Bonus Skill (level-up your application!):
- Proficiency in linear algebra
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.