PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is searching for a Sr. Concept Artist, responsible for creating pre-visualization work that includes but is not limited to environment, character, and props, blending significant industry experience and artistic versatility to a variety of production tasks. Possesses the agility required to move quickly between technical and artistic challenges. In addition, Artist must leverage experience and knowledge to provide feedback, mentoring, and recommendations throughout the course of product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Serves as a mentor for the art team, assisting in training while sharing techniques and workflow
- Creates pivotal content for new or existing properties
- Assists in setting the artistic direction for new and existing properties
- Assists in setting "quality targets" for new or existing properties
- Provides detailed and relevant feedback across a variety of creative material
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and critique marketing and advertising art
- Utilizes industry experience to provide clear recommendations on team structure, company policy, and artistic direction
- Serves as a "Jack of All Trades" assisting production across a variety of disciplines
- Displays an expertise across a variety of artistic disciplines including design, composition, color theory, rhythm, and balance
- Displays an ability to lead by example amidst artistic and technical challenges
- Ability to create work seamlessly throughout a diverse selection styles and sensibilities
- Display a proven track record of dependability, consistency, and high quality work
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provides feedback, mentoring, and recommendations to art teams.
Education and/or Experience: Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expert understanding of Photoshop or equivalent required.
- Understanding of Maya’s modeling and texture tool sets and Z-brush a plus.
- Ability to adapt to proprietary tools.
- Mastery level of demonstrated ability with color theory, anatomy, composition, design, perspective, lighting, and painting.
- Ability to meet deadlines under tight schedules.
- Willingness to receive direction and work closely with a team.
Please Note: This is a Fixed-Term contract with an expected end date. We anticipate the service period for this contract to be for 6-months.
If you are interested in applying for our Sr. Concept Art role, please submit your application, resume and portfolio below. We look forward to reviewing your work!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.