PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation is the leading entertainment platform with 80 million daily active users in over 90 countries!
Our network platform enables users to:
- Buy and Play the most exclusive games on the device
- Stream and Play the best game titles online and enjoy the other platform games on PlayStation 4 online
- Watch live stream events, movies and TV
- Use the Social features to share and play among friends
- Use the third party applications for entertainment
Payments Engineering division provides a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce service platform. We design highly scalable software application systems and implement tests for application quality, performance and scalability. Our mission is to provide the highest level of performance and reliability for our customers. We work on the network services platform, including existing and new services supporting customer growth on the platform.
About the Job
- Develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build payment platform solutions.
- End-to-end feature development all the way through the middleware and backend platform
- Work with our existing technologies both backend and infrastructure and support existing services
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Coordinate software system installations and monitor equipment function to ensure specifications are met.
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
- Experiment with technologies, solving the problems of scaling, latencies while keeping a check on cost and quality.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience building distributed and scalable software, using Java, Python, C++ or similar languages.
- Passionate about new development from scratch at the same rate as keeping the revenue coming by maintaining existing services.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment processes.
- You have knowledge of different data storage technologies like MySQL, Oracle, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase etc.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Proven understanding of public cloud design like AWS or GCE.
- Familiar with tools such as Datadog, Splunk, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.
- Ability to influence and impact multiple teams. You are extremely proactive and keep relevant people in the loop.
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture and familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with key stakeholders in previous roles.
- Not afraid to challenge status quo and think creatively!
- Communication is your strong suit: in code, in email, and face-to-face.
- You get things done with minimum supervision.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.